Brisbane Wedding Venues
Wedding Venues Brisbane- Emporium Hotel
Are you starting to plan your Wedding and wondering where to start? A Wedding venue is usually one of the first things that you plan, and all else follows. One of Powder Room's favourite venues is Emporium Hotel in Fortitude Valley. An amazing Co Ordinator is also key to the planning of your event. Darren Besgrove at Emporium Hotel loves to spoil Brisbane Brides and makes life so much easier and lots of fun in the process. At Powder Room we have worked with Darren and his amazing team so much over the years and love visiting Emporium Hotel. We wanted to share with you some of Darren't top tips in helping you plan your dream Wedding.
You can book Emporium Hotel for you Wedding reception, Hen's party, High tea or Wedding nights accomodation.
Check out our chat we had with Darren on planning your Wedding and what to think about when choosing your Wedding venue..hope you enjoy getting to know Darren.
Your first memory of falling in love...
I would have to say, it was with my dog!!! He is the light of my life and makes me laugh, smile and feel blessed. My partner is extremely jealous.... But he is my fur baby! My 2 adorable nieces are up there as well!!!!
Your favourite bridal story...
There are truly so many. I’ve been fortunate enough to work with so many great couples. One of the most memorable would be when the groom rang and booked everything, we even planned most things before asking the bride. He wanted it all to be a BIG SURPRISE.... She was THRILLED (Thankfully).
A quote you love...
Dance like no one is watching, Sing like no one is listening, Love like you’ve never been hurt and Live like it heaven on earth! 3.Top 3 items to do on your Bucket List...
Visit New York, Have a BIG FAT GAY Wedding and Recreate Audrey Hepburn’s Breakfast at Tiffany Scene (Clique I know)....
What do you feel is special about what you do?….
Meeting all kinds of people and working with such an amazing team. We really are fortunate.
Someone that inspires you…
Anyone who faces diversity and continues to hold their head high and carry on.... Life is too short! Oops, and my Parents (AMAZING PEOPLE).
5 questions most frequently asked by brides…
What is cakeage? –
Can I get a discount?
What is a bonbonierre?
Will you be there on the day?
When are final numbers and payment due?
Questions brides should ask…
· What is your minimum spend? (forget minimum numbers, worry about the spend)
· What happens if our circumstances change and we don’t meet the minimum spend? (Circumstance change, so be fully aware).
· Are the financial commitments listed in the contract? (Meaning when are payments due. This allows you to budget correctly)
· What is your cancellation policy? (Not due to cancellation, more in case if you need to postpone due to a pregnancy.... EEEKKK!!!!)
· Will you (the person selling the venue to you) be there on the date? Or will I be working with you to create my special day? (Generally the person is selling the venue and their service. If this person isn’t assisting you, you need to make sure you meet with the person you will be working with, making sure you are comfortable with them).
REMEMBER – No question is silly or uncommon.. We are there to help you create your special day.